Posts tagged tumblr help
Posts tagged tumblr help
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
i don’t know how many people know this but if you find someone reposting your art, you can get it (and all the reblogs) removed by submitting an infringement notice!
it doesn’t work for reposted graphics but i know it does work really well for art
As far I know, you have to upload them from your own files now. Just open the link, save the image, and insert it that way. (Though apparently you can still use links to insert gifs in asks. Huh.)
a couple of tumblr functions if you didn’t know about them:
- you can make tags on an individual blog display from the earliest to latest post by adding /chrono to the end, for example: http://gameofgifs.tumblr.com/tagged/season_202/chrono
- you can search through a tumblog by date…
Click on the gear icon, the name of your blog, and it should be under “Replies.”
If you want to have people reply to your posts using .gif files and other images, CLICK THE GEAR IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE POST BOX AND CHECK OFF “LET PEOPLE PHOTO REPLY”.
Reblogging myself so everybody knows!
This shit fucking sucks. I hate it.
Hrm. Is Tumblr blocked/restricted on whatever network or computer you’re using? But I have no idea why that would keep you from customizing your theme, or why it would only show up then. That sounds like a bug. I would direct you to Tumblr bug reporting, but I don’t know if that even exists. I can’t help, sorry!
Sure! Go to settings, then your blog, then “Customize.” Go down to “Pages” and create the pages you want (Fanfictions, etc). Make sure the “Show a link to this page” box is checked, since that’s what makes it show up on your blog. Whether they show up on the top or the side of your blog depends on what theme you have, but they should show up near “Index” etc.
If you want to hide “Index”, “Archive,” and “RSS,” unselect “Show blog tools” on your Customize page. You can’t rename them, though (at least not easily). Does that help?
I don’t think so, unless it’s part of the theme (that is, you add it into the HTML/CSS etc.). But, I’m not sure. :) Sorry!
Yup! You just unclick the little box that says “Show a link to this page” when you edit it.
To keep certain posts from showing up on your home page, you can mark them as “private” where it normally says “publish.” I don’t know of any way to customize your home page beyond that. Maybe you can do something with special themes? Sorry!