Posts tagged tumblr
Posts tagged tumblr
text tricks; click the <html> button in the corner
<small> makes things smaller. the more <small> you use, the smaller it gets.
<big> same applies with big
<sup> makes things go up up up up
<sub> makes things go down down down down
<u> makes …
the three reasons to tag everything are as follows:
- so i can blacklist it
- so you can find it again
- so i know if i need to wait for the fucking images to load on fUCKING TUMBLR MOBILE
See something you shouldn’t see in Tumblr’s search results?
We’ve made it easier to notify our Trust & Safety team: Just click the flag (⚑).
SIGNAL BOOST. IF ANYONE CAN BRAVE THE TAGS, YOU CAN NOW CLICK THE VIOLATING TUMBLR GUIDELINES.
tumblr makes me forget that age differences and time zones exist
How long have you been able to mention people in posts using @? And why did no one tell me?
this is poetry
we’re literally random people around the world sitting on the internet telling bad jokes to each other why the fuck is this the most important thing i’ve got going on
BUT WE ALSO KNOW THAT A SIGNIFICANT PART OF TUMBLR USERS ARE NOT NATIVE SPEAKERS
Here’s the deal: my first language is Italian. I know plenty of people on this website whose first language is Italian. Nevertheless, when we’re interacting with each other on Tumblr, we speak English.
I am not objecting to this system, it’s actually good practice for some people, to be able to speak a second language extensively.
BUT I HAVE A PROPOSITION FOR YOU.
Why not have a “Speak Your Own Language Day” where all of us exclusively speak in our native language?
(No but apart from the small rebellion from the US-centric and generally Anglophone-centric environment we got here, think about trying to speak to people from other countries via excessive use of Google Translate it’ll be a blast)
Ok, since this post has finally reached 100 notes I think it’s a good time to give a date, and since no one else has advanced suggestions I’m gonna do it
I’m proposing Wednesday 7th May, so the post has a chance to do a couple more laps and more people get a chance to participate (French Friday sounded hilarious, but I don’t wanna wait until next friday and this friday seems a bit too soon).
How it’ll work:
- If you’re native language is something other than English, speak that!
- If you have multiple languages you can pick from the choice is yous friend, speak all, speak one, whatever’s best for you
- You’ll blog in your language all day: text posts, replies, tags (except triggers and organizational tags), the whole nine yards. Regardless of what language people choose to speak to you, you answer in your own.
- Midnight to midnight according to your own time zone
- English native speakers, if you wanna participate maybe you could speak a second language for the day
- If anyone makes fun of anyone else for their language (and I’m including English native speakers that might choose to speak a second language on the day) I’m gonna come for you (◕‿◕✿)
- The tag is gonna be #Speak Your Language Day if you wanna tag your posts with that!
(ʘ‿ʘ✿) “what you say ‘bout me”
(ʘ‿ʘ)ノ✿ “hold my flower”
✿＼(｡-_-｡) “Kick his ass, baby. I got yo flower.”
i found it
the original post
i found it
this should have the opportunity to be on everyone’s blog.
*tour guide voice*
and here on the left ladies and gentlemen, you see one of the posts before everyone went batshit crazy
When you realize you’re not following someone you thought were following and discover that you have missed out on weeks of updates.